Coffee has been a part of the Arab culture for thousands of years, but it did not become part of the western world until the 1500s. But this is just first of important facts you never know about coffee.
- Yes, coffee came to western world via Turkey and their Ottoman Empire. The westeners started to consume it around the 1500s. Before that time, priests believed that coffee was a drink of the devil. Pope Clement VIII finally ended this line of thinking by taking a sip of coffee and then giving it his blessing.
- The amount of coffee produced around the world is close to six million metric tonnes. The majority of it is produced in Africa and South America. Every single one of the fifty-three countries in the wrold that grows coffee is located along the equator,
- Petroleum is the only product that is traded more heavily than coffee.
- Coffee is considered an aphrodisiac. Because it contains a high dose of caffeine and other various alkaloids, studies have shown that coffee can increase stamina …
- Germany is the second largest coffee consumer in the world. Forty-three percent of Germans add sweetener to their coffee, while only twenty-seven percent of Americans (the number one coffee driker country) use any kind of sweetener in their coffee.